Have you seen the car decals with the stick-figure families on them? Usually they display the likes/interests of each person in the family. For example, the father is holding a fishing pole, the mom is talking on a cellphone and carrying a brief case, the boy is wearing a ball cap and holding a bat, the girl is dressed in a tu-tu and ballet shoes. Lined up beside the ballerina are two regular cats and one cat-with-wings indicating the family currently has two living cats and one deceased cat.
Can I get a big groan and eye-roll right about now? Especially for the cat line-up?!?
As if those stick-figure decals aren’t bad enough…yesterday Hubby and I spotted THE WORST one of all time, space, galaxies and black holes. When Hubby first saw it, he spontaneously erupted with, “Good Lord! That is nerdy as hell!!!”
Any guesses on what it was?
It was a family line-up symbolized by Star Wars characters.
There was Darth Vader, Lady Darth Vader (Queen Vader??), Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and R2D2.
The Top 5 unanswered questions for me at this point would be:
- How does something like this go down? Does the Dad give a Star Wars family decal to the Mom for Mother’s Day? Does the Mom give it to the Dad for his birthday?? Is the whole FAMILY in on it, or just the parents?
- Speaking of the parents, did they meet at that big, annual, Sci-Fi nerdfest in L.A. and it’s been true love ever since but their kids think they’re hopeless dorks and are forced to cringe and duck every time they get into the Death Star-mobile-with-the-Star-Wars-family-decal-on-the-back??
- Does the father in this family REALLY picture himself as Darth Vader? In which case he must be the meanest, heaviest breathin’ Dad in the land. He will cut your hand off without a backwards glance.
- And WHO is the Lady Vader chick all-dressed-in-white? If you’re going down the path of representing yourself as a Star Wars character, at least make it REAL Star Wars character. Because made-up characters just compound the nerd-error. Unless I’m in WAY over my head and have just revealed my Star Wars ignorance because there actually IS a Queen Vader?? And if you know the answer to this question, you must be part of this Star Wars family because you’re a DORK!
- And really, how shitty does the youngest person in this family feel being represented by a short, squat robot?? ‘Cause let’s face it – R2D2 is NOT the high-end, gold robot with the lovely English accent. He’s the wacky, comic-relief robot. Hubby insists that R2D2 is meant to represent the family dog. I insist that either they have a new baby which makes only zany beep-boop noises. OR? A family like this may actually HAVE a robot.
So many questions. So little time. Who knows the answers?
Obi-Wan Kenobi…Do YOU know??!
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.